Neal Heneghan, B.Sc. Hons. , H.Dip. Appl. Sc.
|HTML5 & CSS3||Emphasis on backwards and mobile compatibility.|
|ASP.NET 4.0 C#||Developing and extending existing code.|
|PHP, WordPress, Drupal||Applying templates, extending CMS functionality via PHP.|
|MSSQL, MySQL||Querying Databases, modifying views and stored procedures.|
September ’10 – Present
December ’11 – April ’14
IPAG (Ireland) Ltd. Shankill Business Center, Shankill, Dublin 18
Lead Front-end Web Developer
- Produce fully functioning web pages from design concept images (.psd to HTML) using HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery.
- Work closely with designers to produce web pages that match the concepts provided and function across a range of commonly used browsers, including IE 7+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and iOS Safari.
- Apply HTML templates to IPAG’s custom built ASP.NET CMS.
- Extend CMS functionality via C# and MSSQL.
- Work with a global team of back-end and database developers via SVN.
- Apply HTML templates to WordPress themes, set up and integrate plug-ins with themes.
- Extend WordPress theme and plugin functionality via PHP as required.
- Maintain sites and make changes for large, institutional clients, including RBS, Barclays, HSBC, AT&T, Bank of America, BNP Paribas, Novartis, and McKesson.
- Built Migraderm.com website based on IPAG’s Web in a Box CMS. Produced a HTML template from the concept designs. Zurb’s Foundation framework was used to achieve full responsiveness. Extended the CMS, using C#, to add functionality. Liaised with client to see the project through to completion.
- Redeveloped CampusIT.net WordPress website. Upgraded site from previous WordPress version. Applied a new design to the site. Built new WordPress theme with Foundation framework. Installed plug-ins to add functionality. Liaised with client and designers to see the project through to completion.
- Other projects include EasyPaymentsPlus.com (WordPress), Hunter-Gatherer.ie, BTWSandyford.ie, RaiseaConcern.com, Irelandxo.com(Drupal 6).
October ‘10 – November ‘11
Proactive E-Biz, The Rubicon Center, CIT Campus, Bishopstown, Cork
Web Developer working with HTML, CSS, Java Script, PHP and ASP.NET with C#.
- Worked with HTML, CSS, Java Script, PHP and ASP.NET with C#.
- Built websites with PHP based Content Management Systems such as Joomla! and WordPress.
- Image editing with Adobe Photoshop CS5.5.
- Built web applications with ASP.NET 4.0 and C#.
- Wrote process documents and user guides for clients and staff.
National University of Ireland, Galway (‘05 – ‘10)
H.Dip Appl. Sc. – Software Design and Development, 09/10
|Algorithmic and Logical Methods||Abstract data types|
|Graphics and Image Processing||VRML, Open GL, Image Processing Algorithms|
|Application Programming||C programming|
|Database Design||SQL, Relational Database Design Methods|
|Software Engineering||UML 2.0, DFDs, Software Development Lifecycle|
|Networks and Data Communications||TCP/IP, Network Architecture, Security|
|Computing Architecture & O.S.||Windows/Unix/Linux system administration|
|GUI and OOP||C++, VB.NET|
Application URL: lugh2.it.nuigalway.ie/leafblower
B.Sc. Hons. – Applied Physics 2005-2009
Problem Solving, Signal and Image Processing, Computational Physics (C Programming in a UNIX environment, Microsoft Excel), Solid State Physics, Optoelectronics, Electromagnetism and Special Relativity, Quantum Mechanics, Nanotechnology, Applied Optics, Radiation and Medical Physics, Electronic Systems and Signals, Wave Optics, Nuclear and Plasma Physics, Thermal Physics & Materials, Quantum Physics, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Calculus.
Lab work included extensive use of programs such as Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, LabVIEW, IDL as well as extensive instrumentation and collaboration work with highly accurate equipment.
The course sought to teach Physics through problem solving and understanding.
REFEREES : Available on request